Makes: 16 Squares
- 320g Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 125g Vegan Butter
- 300g Rich Tea (or arrowroot biscuits)
- 1 cup of Desiccated Coconut
- The rind of 1 Lemon
For the icing:
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- 15g softened Vegan Butter (not melted)
- Juice of 1 Lemon (about 4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- Grease and line a 10″ x 8″ tray
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, add the 125g butter and 320g condensed milk. Stir until the butter has melted and the two have combined. Don’t let the mixture come to a boil, it should be heated gently.
- In a large bowl, crush the biscuits and add the lemon rind and the cup of desiccated coconut.
- Add the warm butter and condensed milk mixture to the biscuits and combine everything well.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to set.
- To make the icing: Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl then add the lemon juice and vegan butter. Beat until you have a smooth icing.
- Pour the icing over the biscuit base and spread until you have an even layer. Finish by sprinkle the 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut over the top.
- Refrigerate until the icing has set and then cut into squares.
Transfer to your lined tray and press into all the corners.
This recipe was kindly provided to us by Stacey from Wondering Waffle Hands