- 1 cup of cashews or any nut of choice
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of date syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 cup of soft medjool dates
- 1 cup of almond butter
- Pinch of salt
- Broken vegan shortbread (omit if just wanting a delicious caramel raw treat)
- Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until a thick dough forms. Add into a tray and press into an even layer, then freeze.
- Blend ingredients for the caramel until a smooth sticky caramel forms! Adding the salt really helps bring out the flavours here, and it’s even better if you sprinkle more when it’s in the tray!
- Fold in the broken shortbread pieces carefully, then add on top of the base and freeze for 3 hours!
- Once frozen, you can slice and coat in chocolate if desired. So easy!
Thank you, Leah, for providing this recipe. Leah IG @plantsomepeas