This recipe is super easy and a great recipe to adapt. I sometimes add roasted sweet potato and cauliflower to get in extra veggies which can be seen in the picture. It is a great recipe for a family meal or potluck dinner. It’s definitely my go-to which always goes down such a treat!
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1/2 a cup of lentils
- Jar of vegan curry sauce
- A can of chickpeas
- Spices- cumin, paprika, curry powder, turmeric
- Fry the chopped onion and garlic in a pan for approx 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the lentils
- Add the jar of curry sauce, I find this helps to bulk out the curry but you can just use the suggested spices.
- Add 2tsp of curry powder and cumin, 1tsp of turmeric and paprika and salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Allow the curry to cook for ten minutes to let the flavours mix.
- Add the can of chickpeas and continue to stir to ensure the lentils do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook for another five minutes.
- Just before the end add a couple of handfuls of spinach. Stir through.
I recommend serving it up with some rice, mango chutney and a spoonful of plain or coconut yoghurt
This recipe was kindly provided to us by Jade IG @homemadewithjade