Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, high protein
- 1 C (200g) white short grain/risotto rice
- 4 C (1kg) unsweetened plant milk (I use soy milk)
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- 2 Tbsp (28g) white/granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15g) vanilla extract -optional but recommended
- To a medium pot add the rice and milk and bring it to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the salt, sugar, and vanilla extract (if using), and stir well.
- Cover the pot and cook the pudding for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes have passed, uncover the pot, give everything a good stir. Taste and adjust flavors as desired, adding more salt for saltiness or sugar for sweetness.
- Serve in 4 bowls, top with toppings of choice (some of my personal favorites are strawberry purée, applesauce, cocoa powder, or cinnamon sugar), and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
This recipe was provided to us by Pia IG @balancedandreal