A vegan spin on a classic meat pie
Makes 8 Pies or 1 large pie
I used a pie maker for this recipe but you can make party pies by using cupcake trays or a pie dish to make a large pie.
1 onion finely chopped
500g mince (I used Aldi textured soy protein)
1 cup of water
1 stock cube (‘Massel’ beef or chicken)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
3 tbs plain flour
- Puff Pastry (‘Borg’s’)
- Mylk of choice to glaze ( I used ‘Soy Milky’)
- Cook mince and onion until it’s slightly browned
- Add 3/4 cup water, sauce, seasonings and stock
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes (lid off is fine)
- Blend remaining water and flour, add to mince, bring to the boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add extra water if need be.
- Allow to cool (it does cool quite quick)
- Cut pie pastry and place in the maker, add a scoop of mince and place pastry layer on top. Brush with mylk and wait for your pies to cook!
Eat hot or wait for your pies to cool, wrap them up and freeze them for a delicious snack!