Tender Autumn Comfort
Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 large zucchinis
- 8 large potatoes peeled
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups passata sauce
- 3 cups of boiled water
- 2 tbsp ‘chicken style’ stock powder (or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Slice the eggplant, potatoes and zucchini into 1/2 cm rounds.
- Salt the eggplant slices generously in a bowl and then spread them out on a paper towel-lined tray. Let it sit for 15 minutes. This will help to draw out the water and bitterness. Pat the eggplant slices with a paper towel to remove excess salt and set aside on a plate.
- In a jug mix the passata sauce with the boiled water, stock powder and salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of an ovenproof dish with a thin layer of sauce. Layer the potato slices, eggplant, onion, zucchini and sauce. Repeat until the layers are finished with sauce on top and the olive oil drizzled over it.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour. Then uncover and cook for a further 20-30 minutes until it is tender and a little crispy on the top. Serve with homemade garlic bread…or store-bought, either way, is ok! I can assure you that this dish will warm up your belly in the colder months.
An Australian brand on a mission to make going vegan fun, enjoyable & simple!