This recipe is vegan, can be made gluten free by substituting the wheat flour for chickpea flour, easy to prepare and delicious. It is perfect as a snack on its own, shared appetizer, on top of pizza, in tacos, and paired with other veggies and rice.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 c flour divided
- 1 c Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220° C)
- Create Wet batter by mixing 1 1/2 c flour and add water until you achieve a pancake like consistency. (Slightly more runny than thick but thick enough to stick to the cauliflower)
- Create the dry mix by mixing 1 1/2 c flour, nutritional yeast and spices
- Take about 10 florets (if larger, 8 florets) from the cauliflower head and wash thoroughly.
- Dip each piece in the wet batter, coat completely in the dry batter and lay each piece on sheet tray. To avoid sticking, you can add foil or use a nonstick spray on your tray.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake.
- After half an hour, take the tray tray out and let the florets cool down for a few minutes.
- You can place the florets in a bowl at this point, add 1 cup of buffalo sauce and toss before placing bake into the oven for another ten minutes. Take out oven, let cool down and enjoy!
Thank you for this yummy snack idea Keiyonta Tyler IG @sunflowerhealth_