Super tasty yet incredibly basic breakfast perfect for any busy morning!
-1/2 cup rolled oats -1 cup plant milk (almond, soy, coconut, cashew, etc.) -1 ripe banana -1/2 cup sliced strawberries -1 tbs natural peanut butter -1 tsp cinnamon -2 tbs of chopped walnuts -1 tbs chia seeds -1 tbs raisins
- Boil plant milk in a small pot, then add in the oats.
- Turn heat to low, then let oats cook for about 8 minutes; at this point, add in half of the banana, the chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Let cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once your oats reach your desired consistency, place in a bowl and add the other half of the banana, sliced, the strawberries, walnuts, and raisins!
- Lastly, drizzle with the peanut butter and enjoy! Couldn’t be any easier!
Note: Be creative and use whatever nuts and seeds you have in the pantry! I love to add flax seeds to my oats to make them more hearty and thicker, and also love to use almond butter instead of peanut butter every once in a while.
Dates, cacao nibs, goji berries, or even hemp seeds are amazingly healthy and delicious additives to this breakfast!
For more recipes by Rebecca De La Garza, you can visit her vegan food account with easy-to-follow and delicious recipes! IG @veggie.becky
An Australian brand on a mission to make going vegan fun, enjoyable & simple!