Today is World animal day, a day to celebrate the beautiful creatures we share this wonderful planet with. To celebrate the day we thought we would take a look at what the event is and how it got started.
So World Animal Day is…
A GLOBAL MOVEMENT & CAMPAIGN WITH A MISSION TO RAISE THE STATUS OF ANIMALS IN ORDER TO IMPROVE WELFARE STANDARDS AROUND THE GLOBE
Government departments, city authorities, animal welfare organisations, celebrities, community groups, youth and children’s clubs, businesses and individuals organise a huge variety of inspiring events that embrace all animals and the unique concerns of each, in every country.
It’s something that everyone can join in with regardless of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology.
World Animal Day belongs to everyone!
- Over 1,000 events are run every year across the World
- #WorldAnimalDay trends in 35 Countries on October 4
- Many celebrities across the World support the campaign
- World Animal Day has 90 Ambassadors across 70 Countries
- The WAD Grant has supported 9 animal welfare organisations since 2014
- Naturewatch Foundation has been the driving force for over 15 years
- World Animal Day has been celebrated on October 4 for 90 years
An Australian brand on a mission to make going vegan fun, enjoyable & simple!