Balsamic Caramelised Onion Burgers
- 2 Big Fry Burgers, defrosted
- 30ml of oil for frying the burgers
- 2 large red onions, cut in half and then sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices vegan cheese
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 fresh buns
Make the balsamic caramelised onions:
- Put your sliced onions and balsamic vinegar in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- If you don’t have one you can use a pot instead, but the process may take a bit longer.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Take off the lid and continue to cook, stirring every few minutes, until there is no liquid left.
- Once this happens, the onions will start to caramelise. You’ll then add 1/3 cup of water, stirring again until there is no liquid left.
- Repeat this process until the onions are fully cooked and caramelized. Set aside.
Cook the burgers:
- Heat 30ml of oil on high in a non-stick pan.
- Add the defrosted Big Fry Burgers and reduce to medium heat.
- Fry for 9 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the vegan cheese slices then allow them to melt slightly.
Assemble the burgers:
- Add the burgers to buns, top with the balsamic caramelized onions and the top of the burgers. Enjoy!
This recipe was kindly provided by Fry’s.
Fry’s are saving hundred’s of thousands of animals per year through their plant based range. The Fry’s range consists of plant-based BBQ meats, nuggets, schnitzels, seafood, pastries and pies (just to name a few!). Whilst big here in Australia, they also export their vegan products to over 30 different countries around the globe. Get behind these game-changers today!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!