In my opinion, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Therefore, we have to make sure our breakfast is nutrient-dense, filling and most importantly, delicious!
I always have oatmeal as my breakfast because it fulfills all the above requirements as a perfect breakfast.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- Splash of milk of choice (I like almond milk)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp L.S.A. meal
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Some frozen/ fresh fruits, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, nut butter as toppings
- Place oats, chia seeds, L.S.A. meal, cacao powder, and water (preferably boiling water) into a small pot.
- Bring it to a boil, and constantly stirring.
- When it starts to thicken up, add your milk of choice until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add any of your desired toppings! (I like seasonal fruits, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and of course dollop of peanut/ almond butter!)
- You can be creative in the toppings you add in your oatmeal bowl! Having oatmeal doesn’t mean it has to be boring, you can sub in various toppings every day!
- If you have a sweet tooth, you can add some maple/ agave syrup when you cook your oatmeal!
More from Cherry: @vegan_love_eats
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!