Take your Sunday breakfast to the next level with these ‘Chunky Monkey Pancakes’. With mashed banana, peanut butter, crushed walnuts, and dark choc chips mixed into the batter. These pancakes are fluffy and seriously thick. Topped off with more yummy goodness and finished off with some maple syrup.
Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup soy/almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp pure peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple or any plant syrup
- 2 cups flour
- Whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it rest for 5 minutes while you mash the ripe banana.
- After 5 minutes, add the mashed banana to the milk and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, peanut butter, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix just to incorporate. Do not overmix.
- Heat a non-stick pan (spread a little bit of ‘Nutelex’ if you’re not using a non-stick pan).
- Cook the pancakes in medium to low heat about 2-3 minutes each side or until the sides are golden brown.
- Serve with more bananas, crushed walnuts, and choc chips.
- Finish with some maple syrup and enjoy 🙂
More from Czarina: @czar_anon
- Favourite vegan eatery?
any vegan cafe!
- My pantry/fridge is always stocked with
soy or almond mylk!
- A vegan alternative you recommend everyone tries?
soy milk of course 🙂
- A vegan documentary or a book you recommend?
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!