Craving some creamy, plant-based pasta? This recipe is the perfect vegan carbonara for date night (not that you need an excuse to eat pasta!). The recipe was contributed by the lovely folk at vEEF who have an amazing range of plant-based products here in Australia.
Be sure to check them out HERE and also at the links below the recipe.
Creamy Vegan Carbonara
- Creamy Egg Sauce
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup soy milk PASTA
- 250g spaghetti Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt For Serving
- fresh chives,
- chopped 200g vEEF™ “Bacon” Bits, defrosted (can be bought in Woolies stores across Australia)
- crushed black pepper
- Creamy egg sauce- Add the ingredients for the ‘egg’ sauce to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Pasta- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Mushroom and bacon bits – Add the vegan butter to a pan and heat until melted. Add the sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic and fry until the mushrooms are softened. In a separate pan, cook vEEF™ “Bacon” Bits as instructed in the packaging (approx. 8-10 minutes until well caramelised.)
- Assemble- Add the cooked spaghetti into the pan with the mushrooms and toss them together. Pour the blended sauce over the top of the spaghetti and mushrooms and toss them together. Add the sea salt and toss it together until everything is coated and heated together in the pan.
Serve with chopped chives, bacon bits, and fresh crushed black pepper.
Enjoy the Creamy Vegan Carbonara by vEEF recipe? Have a recipe you’d like to share just? Submit one today!