Minced Meat Pies
A vegan spin on a classic meat pie
I used a pie maker for this recipe but you can make party pies by using cupcake trays or a pie dish to make a large pie.
1 onion finely chopped
500g mince (I used Aldi textured soy protein)
1 cup of water
1 stock cube (‘Massel’ beef or chicken)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
3 tbs plain flour
- Puff Pastry (‘Borg’s’)
- Mylk of choice to glaze ( I used ‘Soy Milky’)
- Cook mince and onion until it’s lightly browned
- Add 3/4 cup water, sauce, seasonings and stock
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes (lid off is fine)
- Blend remaining water and flour, add to mince, bring to the boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add extra water if need be.
- Allow to cool (it does cool quite quick)
- Cut pie pastry and place in the maker, add a scoop of mince and place pastry layer on top. Brush with mylk and wait for your pies to cook!
- Eat hot or wait for your pies to cool, wrap them up and freeze them for a delicious snack!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!