Roasted Chickpea Cauliflower Salad with Candied Pecans
- 1 19-oz can of chickpeas
- 4 cups cauliflower, broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
For the candied pecans
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp water 1 cup pecan pieces pinch of salt
For the cumin vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp olive oil 1
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas and cauliflower. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss until the chickpeas and cauliflower are evenly coated.
- Spread evenly onto the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, remove and stir, and then bake for another 25 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy and the cauliflower is golden brown.
- While the chickpeas and cauliflower are roasting, prepare the candied pecans. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Let the sugar boil for roughly one minute, then toss in the pecans and make sure they all get covered in sugar.
- Remove from heat and spread the pecans on to parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt. Don’t worry too much about the pecans clumping, they’ll be easy to break when they’ve cooled.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted chickpeas and cauliflower with the candied pecans and cilantro. Toss in the vinaigrette.
- This salad can be served warm right out of the oven or can be served cold from the fridge!
More from Marieke: @theveganharvest
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!