Fresh spinach pancakes are an easy start to the week. You can even fry the pancakes in advance and warm them in the oven under foil to make Monday feel a bit easier. Toss in leftovers from the weekend to vary the filling and reduce your food waste!
- Vegan eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1.3 cups flour (e.g. wheat or spelt)
- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Vegan butter or oil for frying
- 240 g Pulled Oats®
- 200 g Thick dairy free yoghurt
- 50 g vegan feta cheese
- 1 small bell pepper
- Spring onions
- Fresh basil or another herb
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of chili
- Black pepper
- Blend all the dough ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Allow rising for 15–30minutes.
- Replace the eggs with chia seeds in the vegan version. Mix the chia seeds and water and let stand for five minutes to thicken.
- Fry the Pulled Oats® with a bit of oil. Let it cool.
- Blend together the yoghurt, chopped spring onions, herbs and spices. Gently mix in the chopped bell pepper, crushed feta cheese, and Pulled Oats®. Put the filling in the fridge while you fry the pancakes.
- Spread some butter or oil onto the bottom of a pan. Warm over medium heat.
- Fry the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and browned as you desire. The dough will make eight large pancakes.
- Serve the crepes with the filling.
Pulled Oats® by Gold&Green Foods is the revolutionary oat-based plant protein food making mealtimes more naturally nutritious and delicious.
This delicious plant-based protein, made from Nordic oats, faba beans, and peas, is known for its high protein quality and quantity (30g/100g), and short, simple ingredient list. Pulled Oats® is versatile and can be used as an everyday protein in favourite dishes. It absorbs flavors well and is bound to satisfy the tastebuds of Aussie vegans, veggies, and flexitarians alike. Gold&Green Foods is on a mission to provide people with healthy and planet-friendly food without compromising taste.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!