“These cookies will definitely please your coffee-lover guests as dessert and are perfect as a snack alongside your hot cocoa!”
Tahini Coffee Pecan Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons espresso *see notes)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining ground flax seeds and espresso, then aside for around 15 minutes to thicken.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon) in a mixing bowl, then add in the wet ingredients (flax egg, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract) and mix well.
- Roll dough into balls of about 1 tbsp in size and flatten them using your hands on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes, take them out at the 5-minute mark, top the cookies with pecans then place them back into the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
- Let the cookies firm up and cool on the tray for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- You may also substitute the espresso by combining 4.5 teaspoons of instant coffee and 3 tablespoons of water. When placing the pecans on top of the cookies, slightly press the pecans down so that they won’t fall off easily after baking.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!