Regular contributor and friend of Let’s Go Vegan, Tully of
Tully’z Kitchen is back with another epic recipe for us all. This latest recipe is a breakfast classic, the vegan version of scrambled eggs!
Tullyz Vegan Scramble Eggs
Prep Time: 25 min
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2-4 (depending on how hungry you are)
- 3 Carrots (about Approx 300g, and no need to peel, but take off the green butt)
- 2 medium Potatoes (about 250g and peeled)
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)*
- 200g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Roughly chop the carrots and potatoes, and boil until soft.
- Drain, and let them cool.
- Once cooled, transfer them to a blender, along with black salt, and olive oil.
- Blend until silky smooth. The consistency should be like hollandaise sauce. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your egg yolk.**
- Crumble the tofu using your hands or grate it. It’s ok to have small lumps (not too big)
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add tofu and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add “yolk” as required**, black salt to taste, and cook until everything is mixed well.
- Add Almond Milk to make it creamier and runnier and cook for 1-2 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Enjoy hot.
*Must use black salt i.e. Kala Namak (it’s the key to the flavour. Easily available in Indian grocery stores)
**Add more yolk if you like your scramble to be yolky. Add more almond milk to make it runnier.
***If you have leftover “yolk” , store it in the fridge for next time. It will last for 3-4 days.
Need to see how it’s done? Checkout Tullyz video below to see him create this masterpiece 🙂
How did you go recreating this one? We’d love to hear how it went and be sure to share it with us at @letsgoveganco on TikTok or Instagram!