Save this super EASY & TASTY recipe for your next weekend breakfast! Can anyone guess the secret ingredient?
(*IMPORTANT note: make sure you use a protein powder that you LOVE, as the majority of the sweetness & flavour comes from it. I used @macr0mike snickerdoodle protein powder because the sweet caramel cinnamon-ness of it goes so well in this French toast recipe! My discount code is “amb-chen” if you guys want a discount on any @macr0mike products )
Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tin chickpeas (reserve 1/2 cup of the “aquafaba” brine)
- 1 scoop (40g) vegan protein powder (I used @macr0mike snickerdoodle)
- 4 slices sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
- *Optional: cinnamon, maple syrup for sweetness, oil for cooking
- 1. Drain the chickpeas and reserve the l starchy chickpea brine (aquafaba)
- 2. In a large flat bowl, mix 1/2 cup of aquafaba with the protein powder until no lumps remain. Optional you can also add in cinnamon & maple syrup if you want
- 3. Soak both sides of each bread slice in the mixture
- 4. Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium high heat. Optional you can add a bit of oil to coat. Fry each side of the French toast for 2 minutes until golden and flip.
- 5. Transfer to a plate and decorate with toppings of choice.
If you enjoyed this 3 Ingredient Vegan Protein French Toast recipe, be sure to follow Michelle on her amazing Instagram account Run2Food HERE.
For more dessert recipes like this one, be sure to visit our breakfast section here.