Apple Snickerdoodles by Danielle of BunnyBites
Before diving into this recipe, the creator Danielle of BunnyBites Blog told us a little story about it that we wanted to share:
Funny story about this recipe, I once brought these to a going-away party for my friend McKenzie (she was joining the Air Force) and her family literally wouldn’t let me leave until I wrote this recipe down for them. Her uncle literally blocked the door — they were especially shocked when I told them they were vegan! That night, I started my website and this was the first recipe I posted.
- 1 box of vegan yellow or vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or 1 snack cup of applesauce)
- 1/2 cup of neutral oil* (This includes canola, vegetable, or sunflower. I prefer sunflower)
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping: 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix powdered cake mix, neutral oil, and applesauce in a large bowl until well-combined, without any lumps of flour.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about two inches apart from one another.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix cinnamon and sugar to create a topping in a small bowl.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar topping over the still-hot cookies.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving!
Name: Danielle Ofeldt
Country: United States of America
More from Danielle: https://bunnybites.blog
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!