I normally make my risotto the traditional way in a saucepan but after making it in the pressure cooker I’ll never look back! This beetroot risotto recipe is so quick and easy! Awesome for meal prep or feeding a big family. Just simply double the recipe!
- 2 large beetroots
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 6 mushrooms diced
- 1 cups of arborio rice
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup of white wine
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- Roast 1/2 a beetroot for the top, optional*
- Using the sauté mode on the pressure cooker, sauté the onion, garlic and the other 1 1/2 diced beetroot for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme for another 2 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the white wine for another minute.
- Add the rice and stock, close the lid, use the pressure cooker mode and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release the pressure, take the lid off and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker you can still make this recipe! Just use a saucepan and add the stock in parts and allow the rice to absorb each bit before adding more stock. Just remember to keep stirring!
More from Jessica Wicks: @_happyherbivore
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!