This protein-packed plant-based omelette is quick and easy to make and can be customized to your specific tastes, making it a delicious breakfast option for any day of the week!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of your choice (unsweetened, original)
- 1/4 cup vegetables of your choice
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, baking soda, and salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Add the plant-based milk of your choice and whisk until there are no visible lumps. Let sit.
- Chop vegetables of your choice and saute them in a frying pan until lightly browned. Some of my favourite vegetables for this recipe are bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and spinach. Once cooked, remove the vegetables from the frying pan and put to the side.
- Pour the chickpea batter into a lightly oiled or nonstick frying pan on medium heat. The batter should be spread out in the frying pan and resemble one crepe-like shape.
- Sprinkle the cooked vegetables on top while the batter is still wet
- The omelette should cook from the bottom upwards so you won’t need to flip it. Just keep an eye on the pan and turn down the heat if necessary to ensure that the bottom does not burn.
- Once cooked throughout, fold the omelette in half and serve!
- You can use water instead of plant-based milk if you would like. Feel free to get creative with different chopped vegetables inside of the omelette as well as toppings – some additional toppings that work well are salsa, avocado, vegan cheese, and/or hummus!
Name: Tayler Hernandez
More from Tayler: @plantifulparadise
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!