creamy mushroom pasta
Creamy Miso Mushroom Pasta
- ½ pack dried pasta (whatever you prefer)
- ¼ cup mushrooms ( I used small button mushrooms but any mushroom would do fine)
- ¼ cup sliced capsicum
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp brown rice miso
- 3 tsp ground garlic
- ⅓ cup cashews (soaked for 1-2 hours)
- ⅔ cup plant milk or water (add little at a time and adjust to consistency)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of good quality pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Start by cooking your pasta. Bring a pot of water to a boil with a nice handful of salt. Add your dried pasta of preference and cook until just al dente and drain (keep pasta water for later) and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your soaked cashews, plant milk and miso. Blend until creamy and lump-free.
- Chop your mushrooms into quarters and saute on a pan with a little oil until it’s browned nicely and they release water. Add a little dash of apple cider vinegar, toss then set mushrooms aside
- Add a little oil, then stir fry the ground garlic for 30 seconds. Garlic burns quickly so keep a good eye on it! Add in the sliced capsicum and stir fry until fragrant. Add in the chopped mushrooms, give it a good mix, then add in your cashew cream sauce into the pan. Add pasta water if necessary, and continue stirring.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss in the sauce. Let cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up. Serve with a good crack of black pepper and enjoy!
More from Sasha: @earthlingsasha | www.earthlingsasha.com
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!