Comforting food as it’s best! Is so creamy that you would not miss dairy at all!
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Pasta
- 1 cup soaked cashews (for at least 20min in hot water)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup water or unsweetened almond milk (more if needed to thin)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup tightly packed basil
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 250gr pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Veggies of your choice (I used broccolini & zucchini)
- Salt & pepper
- In a food processor or high-speed blender mix the sauce ingredients, scrapping down is needed to create a paste
- If you used a blender rinse and place the cream ingredients, blend till a smooth cream forms, taste and adjust flavours if you need to
- Cook pasta following package instructions, meanwhile heat a large pan in medium heat
- Once hot, add oil follow by your veggies and cook till nice and brown, then add the sauce/paste and stir to combine
- Add capers and cream, mix all together and add cooked pasta.
- Stir to make sure everything is covered, adding more almond milk or water if its too dry, you want it to be creamy and juicy!
- Serve and enjoy!
More from Maria: @thealmondlane
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!