Your easy & one-bowl dessert!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 150 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 100 g rolled oats, shredded or oat flour
- 80 g birch sugar or erythritol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil: sunflower or coconut
- 8 tbsp agave syrup
- 160 g apple sauce unsweetened
- 3 flax-eggs (3 tbsp flaxseeds, ground + 8 tbsp water) 300 ml water
- raspberries for decoration (optional)
- First, you need to prepare the flax eggs. Do this by simply mixing shredded flaxseeds with water in a bowl and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batch for the cake: Start by shredding the rolled oats with a food processor or blender (or use oat flour). Put the shredded oats, cocoa powder, birch sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Stir them very well.
- Now add oil, agave syrup, apple sauce, flax eggs and water to your bowl and mix everything together with an egg whisk.
- Take a greased round cake pan with 24 cm diameter and pour the dough into it.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes.
- Decorate your cake with raspberries or spread some cocoa powder on top of it (by sifting through a sieve).
I used rolled oats instead of oat flour in this recipe as oat flour is more expensive than simple rolled oats. I shred them with my blender into a flour-like texture. Feel free to use oat flour as well, but I really like to stick to the good old rolled oats as they work fine for me.
Have a recipe you’d like to share just like this Flourless Chocolate Cake? Submit one today!