This dish makes a great lunch or dinner main and is also really straight forward to cook.
Hasselback Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- salt flakes for seasoning
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 handful flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Top and tail and peel the pumpkin. Then cut it into half (lengthwise) and remove the seeds.
- Lie the pumpkin cut side down and with a sharp knife cut the pumpkin into thin slices. Make sure not to cut all the way through, otherwise, the pumpkin won’t be a Hasselback anymore. Some people like to lie chopsticks on each side as a guide.
- For the marinade, add the olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, minced garlic and cracked pepper into a bowl and mix. Thoroughly brush the marinade onto the pumpkin.
- Before the pumpkin goes into the oven, sprinkle some flaky salt on top and place some rosemary leaves into the slits.
- Bake the pumpkin for 55 minutes at 180°C.
- About 3 minutes before the pumpkin is ready to be taken out, top it with some almond flakes and once they’re nicely toasted, the pumpkin is ready to be eaten.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!