A vegan adaptation on the Turkish classic dish
- 1 aubergine
- Chopped 1 courgette
- Chopped 1 red pepper
- Sliced 1 large fresh tomato
- Chopped 2 garlic cloves
- Chopped 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 pitta bread, shop-bought or homemade
- 1 tbsp oil (and more to cover veggies)
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Cover the aubergine and courgette in oil and then cook in the oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes Meanwhile, on medium heat warm up the oil in a large pan.
- Add the garlic, fresh tomato and pepper.
- After 5 minutes add the tin tomato, chilli flakes and purée and cook for a further 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Whilst the aubergine, courgette and sauce are finishing off I made my pittas however if you have bought them from a shop, just warm them up 🙂 Plate up the pitta, pour a ladle of sauce onto the pitta ( kinda like a pizza) then add the veggies.
- Pour on the rest of the sauce from the pan and finally, top with yoghurt and parsley
More from Charlotte: @andthatsthev
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!