- 1 package of lasagna noodles, use 9 noodles
- 1 jar of your favourite marinara sauce
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 cup raw cashews
- .5 cup water
- .5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder salt and pepper, to taste
- .5 tbsp yellow miso paste (optional) vegan parmesan cheese (optional) greens (like spinach or arugula – optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot and boil your cashews for 15 minutes. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions
- Smash your block of tofu with a fork until crumbly.
- Once the cashews have finished boiling, add them to a blender with the .5 cup water and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and miso paste and blend until mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cashew mixture with the tofu.
- Layout a lasagna noodle. Spread marinara sauce, the tofu/cashew mixture, and greens on the noodle. If using parmesan, you can also add some inside the roll-up as well.
- Then, beginning at one end of the noodle, roll the noodle into itself and transfer to a baking pan, spiral facing up. Repeat with the rest of the noodles to fill the pan. (You’ll want to make sure the noodles are right up against one another in the pan.)
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and serve hot!
More from Maddie: @thejewishvegan
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!