McKenzie’s Super Lentil Bites.
The McKenzie’s Super Lentil Bites are the perfect sweet treat to make for yourself or for the plant-based pal in your life. Despite being small in size, these bites are not to be underestimated for their larger than life flavour.
Packed with decadent cacao powder, McKenzie’s shredded coconut, scrumptious dates and salty peanut butter, these Super Lentil Bites are bound to knock the socks off of guests at your next plant-powered party.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
● 1/2 cup McKenzie’s French Style Lentils
● 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (i.e. almonds & walnuts)
● 1 cup medjool dates
● 3/4 cup McKenzie’s Shredded Coconut
● 1/2 cup peanut butter
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 tbs maple syrup
● 3 tbs water
● 1/4 cup cacao powder
● 1/2 tsp McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
● 1 tbs chia seeds
● 1 cup McKenzie’s Fine Desiccated Coconut
1. Prepare and cook lentils according to pack directions, until well cooked.
2. Meanwhile, place the nuts into the food processor and blend until coarse. Add
dates and shredded coconut and blend. Remove from the food processor.
3. Place cooled lentils in food processor. Add peanut butter, vanilla, maple
syrup, water and cacao. Puree to a smooth paste.
4. Add nut mixture back into food processor with all remaining ingredients except
the desiccated coconut, and blend until combined. Mixture should combine to
form balls easily.
5. Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut. Coat balls in
desiccated coconut whilst still sticky. Place in an airtight container and store in
the fridge or freezer.
This recipe was kindly provided by Mckenzies Food.
For more recipes like this one, visit out recipes section here.