Mexican 3 Bean Soup recipe
“A perfect warming balanced lunch with a beautiful mix of flavour and spice. This flavoursome and filling meal is filled with fibre, complete protein (beans+rice) and vitamin C from the Capsicums to help absorb the non-harm iron from the beans. Quick and easy wholesome and healthy vegan meal.”
Mexican 3 bean Soup
- Can of chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned mixed beans
- 1/4 red Capsicum
- 1 Tbsp corn
- 1/4tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp dry brown rice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 of a medium brown onion sautéed
- 1/2 cup water
- Dice onion, garlic and Capsicum.
- Sauté onion and garlic.
- In a saucepan put sautéed onion and garlic, Capsicum, chopped tomatoes, water, mixed beans, rice, corn and spices.
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat, or until desired consistency and rice is cooked
- Serve with avocado toast and fresh Corriander
Can be kept in a fridge or frozen and reheated when desired
More from Emily-Rose: @kittensandkale
Have a recipe like the Mexican 3 Bean Soup you’d like to share? Submit one today!