Being vegan to me is all about creating tasty meals that are quick, easy, and most importantly… delicious. These mini tacos are great for dinner or for serving to friends at a party.
- 1 block extra-firm tofu drained
- Store-bought taco seasoning or make it homemade
- Vegetarian refried beans
- Store-bought soft taco shells (preferably the bowl kind from El Paso brand)
- Vegan cheese shreds
- 2 ripe avocados
- Crumble the tofu with your fingers into a pan with oil. Add seasoning and cook until brown and slightly crispy.
- Microwave the can of beans to heat them slightly
- Cut avocado into long pieces
- Assemble heated beans into the taco bowl, then add cooked tofu, and cheese shreds
- Place taco bowl into the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes until the taco bowl is golden brown and the cheese is melted
- Place pieces of fresh avocado on top
Store leftover tofu “taco meat” in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days
Quick, easy and delicious dinner or snack idea provided by Brooke Botko