This nutritious peanut noodle bowl is brimming with flavour and will leave you wanting more! Noodles, vegetables, tender vegan ‘chicken’ pieces, topped with spring onions, sesame seeds and tossed in a flavourful peanut satay sauce. A perfect meal for all year round.
Peanut Satay Noodle Bowl
- 2 large carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 whole broccoli
- 2 green onions
- Vegan chicken alternative (or tofu would work really well instead)
- Noodles (any style will work but I used straight to wok wholewheat noodles)
Peanut satay sauce:
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of water to thin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Place your chosen alternative ‘chicken’ pieces on a baking tray and cook in the oven as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the broccoli and carrot strips to a large pan and steam until soft, around 5-8 minutes.
- Prepare the peanut satay sauce, mix well and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, add to a pan along with the noodles (mine were pre-cooked) and satay sauce. Stir through well and heat gently for around two minutes.
- Add the noodles and vegetables to a bowl, top with the vegan chicken pieces, spring onions and sesame seeds to garnish.
Name: Caitlin Barker
Country: United Kingdom
More from Caitlin: Instagram
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!