Peanut Satay Noodle Bowl
This nutritious peanut noodle bowl is brimming with flavour and will leave you wanting more! Noodles, vegetables, tender vegan ‘chicken’ pieces, topped with spring onions, sesame seeds and tossed in a flavourful peanut satay sauce. A perfect meal for all year round.
- 2 large carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 whole broccoli
- 2 green onions
- Vegan chicken alternative (or tofu would work really well instead)
- Noodles (any style will work but I used straight to wok wholewheat noodles)
Peanut satay sauce:
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of water to thin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Place your chosen alternative ‘chicken’ pieces on a baking tray and cook in the oven as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the broccoli and carrot strips to a large pan and steam until soft, around 5-8 minutes.
- Prepare the peanut satay sauce, mix well and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, add to a pan along with the noodles (mine were pre-cooked) and satay sauce. Stir through well and heat gently for around two minutes.
- Add the noodles and vegetables to a bowl, top with the vegan chicken pieces, spring onions and sesame seeds to garnish.
Name: Caitlin Barker
Country: United Kingdom
More from Caitlin: Instagram
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!