My dad grows raspberries at his allotment and to say thank you for giving some to me I baked some treats with them. And this is one of them. We went to a garden party and it was perfect.
Raspberry and Coconut Tart
Sweet and coconutty and a perfect treat to share with friends and family in the garden.
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 200g ground almonds
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla powder
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 6tbsp raspberry jam
- 400g fresh raspberries
- Mix together the chia seeds with 4 tbsp of hot water.
- In a food processor mix together the flour, ground almonds, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla powder and maple syrup until it mixes together.
- Spoon out 6 tbsp of the mixture and mix with the desiccated coconut.
- To the remaining mixture add the chia seeds and mix in the food processor until a dough forms.
- Roll out onto a lined baking tray so it fills the tray and is 1cm thick.
- Spread over the jam so it is even.
- Sprinkle over the coconut mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until golden.
- Remove from the oven, top with the raspberries and the coconut flakes.
- Bake for a final 4 minutes and then remove.
- Serve warm with ice-cream and enjoy, you deserve it!
- If you don’t have buckwheat flour use plain flour. I like buckwheat as it has a nutty taste but plain flour works well too. Similarly, if you don’t have coconut oil swap to vegan margarine. The coconut oil adds extra coconut flavour.
Name: Zsofia Preddie
Country: United Kingdom
More from Zsofia: Instagram
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!