Raw Creamy Chocolate Pie.
Raw Creamy Chocolate Pie
Raw, Rich and Creamy
For the crust
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts(you can use any type of nut) This time I used walnuts and hazelnuts
- 16 pitted regular dates or 8 pitted Medjool dates
For the filling
- 16 pitted regular dates or 8 pitted medjool dates
- 2 avocado pitted and peeled (You don’t want to use overripe avocados. If they’ve turned at all you will taste it in the pie)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (I soaked them in hot water for 30 minutes, but it’s not necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- For the crust, combine the coconut, nuts and dates in a food processor and process until well blended. Press the mixture into a springform pan or any pie pan. My springform is 7 inches.
- For the filling, blend avocado, dates, cashews, cacao powder and vanilla in a food processor until creamy and smooth. *Taste the filling before you spoon into pie crust. You don’t want to taste avocado. You can add more cacao powder, dates and or vanilla if needed.
- Spoon filling into crust and place into the freezer for at least an hour before serving. Store in the freezer – if the pie is completely frozen let it thaw 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into and serving.
- Top with nut butter, nuts and or fruit.
More from Amy:@_salty.blonde
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!