This Rudolph Oreo-Stuffed Cookies & Cream Cupcakes recipe was lovingly contributed by community member Michelle of Run2Food
With Christmas around the corner, I thought it would be very fitting to share this recipe for anyone who wants to do some festive baking!
But to be honest, you can make these any time of the year and just not decorate it as a reindeer, because the start is really that cookies & cream cupcake and that cheeky oreo biscuit in the centre!
Here is the recipe:
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 10 oreo biscuits
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 12 oreo biscuits for stuffing
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons oat milk
- 24 eyes ( I found mine in the baking section in @woolworths_au )
- 24 pretzels
- 12 red candies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 12 cupcakes liners
- 2. Make the CUPCAKE BATTER: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, milk, oil & vanilla until not lumps remain. Blitz the 10 Oreo biscuits in a blender (I used my @vitamix_aunz ) until fine and stir this through the cupcake batter (* alternatively you can crush the biscuits in mortar & pestle)
- 3. Place one Oreo biscuit at the base of each cupcake liner. Pour the cupcake batter over the top until 3/4 full
- 4. Bake for 15-17 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove form the oven & allow the cupcakes to fully cool before icing
- 5. Make the ICING by whisking together all ingredients until smooth & spreadable.
- 6. DECORATE the cupcakes: Spoon 1 tablespoon of icing over each cupcake, then top with 2 pretzels, 2 eyes & 1 red candy to form a reindeer face
If you enjoyed this Rudolph Oreo-Stuffed Cookies & Cream Cupcakes recipe, be sure to follow Michelle on her amazing Instagram account Run2Food HERE.
For more dessert recipes like this one, be sure to visit our dessert section here.