This Salted Carael Fudge Brookies recipe was lovingly contributed by community member Michelle of Run2Food
You guys must try making these incredible variation of my popular Double Choc Fudge Brookies!
To be honest, sometimes making caramel can be a little too much effort for my busy life, so I used the incredible salted caramel sauce by @naturescharm_au in this recipe! Definitely the best ready-made vegan caramel sauce I’ve ever had. I literally have to stop myself from drinking it out of the jar…
These require just ONE BOWL & NO MACHINES and they are soooo easy to make!
Here is the recipe:
Serving Size: 1 brookie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
*Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for 5 days or in the fridge for 2 weeks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 50g caramel chocolate, chopped
- 12 teaspoons @naturescharm_au salted caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until the sugars have dissolved
- Sift the flour into the wet mixture and use a spatula to fold everything together until no dry flour remains. Don’t overmix
- Divide the dough into 12 balls, flatten and then place a teaspoon of the caramel sauce in the centre. Gently wrap the cookie dough back into a dome cookie shape. Sprinkle the caramel chocolate chunks over each cookie.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet on a chopping board. Put the board in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 mins to allow the cookies to firm up! (Do not skip this step)
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- After the dough has chilled, transfer the cookies onto a lined baking tray, leaving at least 2cm between each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the outside is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool before removing. They will be very soft and firm up a bit as they cool.