A warm gooey centre that makes you go weak at your knees. This cake is sure to brighten your mood any day!
I used @naturecharm coconut whipping cream to make that molten choc ganache centre and it worked a gem!
Honestly one of the best cakes ever! And it’s so fudgy and chocolatey that one cake is all you need!
Here is the recipe:
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
*Serving suggestions: with a scoop of ice cream, a drizzle of nut butter & berries!
- Cake Batter:
- 3 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Molten Choc Ganache:
- 30g non-dairy chocolate
- 1 tablespoon @naturescharm coconut whipping cream
- 1. Make the Molten Choc Ganache filling first: melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth and then stir in the coconut cream. Transfer this into an Ice cube ramekin and place in the freezer
- 2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 360 degrees F
- 3. Grease a ramekin (mine was 8cm in diameter) with coconut oil, then dust it with a thin layer of cocoa powder
- 4. In a seperate bowl, mix together the ingredients of the cake batter until no lumps remain.
- 5. Transfer the batter into the preparer ramekin. De-mould the choc ganache from the ice cube tray and place it in the centre of the cake
- 6. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the outside of the cake is firm
- 7. Remove from the oven, carefully flip it out of the ramekin and serve warm!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to follow Michelle on her amazing Instagram account Run2Food HERE.
For more dessert recipes like this one, be sure to visit our dessert section here.