Now that Future Farm has landed in Australia and can be found at over 700 Coles supermarkets across the country, we thought we would show you what can do with these awesome plant-based burgers and mince. Below is the Smash Burger recipe provided by Future Farm themselves. We hope you enjoy your burgers!
Total time: 30 minutes
2 x packets of future farm burgers
4 burger buns, halved
2 tablespoons vegan mayo
2 tablespoons French’s yellow mustard
8 slices of vegan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the burger sauce
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon French’s yellow mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pickles
2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
For the toppings (all optional)
Red onion, thinly sliced
1. Halve the burger patties and roll them into a rough ball. Season well with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot.
3. While the pan is heating, spread both sides of the bun with vegan mayo. Toast the cut side of each bun in the pan as it’s heating up-it shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to get a nice golden colour. Set aside.
4. When the pan is hot, add the burger balls, well spaced out from one another. Using two flat spatulas-one to cover the burger ball and the other on top to help push, flatten the patties until they are very thin. It can help to use a piece of non-stick baking parchment over the top to prevent your spatula sticking.
5. Fry for 2 minutes until a deeply caramelised crust has formed on the base. Squeeze a bit of mustard on the uncooked side of the burger bun, then flip. Turn down the heat, lay a cheese slice over each burger patty. Splash a tiny bit of water into the pan, cover with a lid for 1-2minutes to help the cheese to melt faster and keep the moisture in your burgers.
6. Mix together all the ingredients for the burger sauce and set aside.
7. Assemble your burgers with a tablespoon of burger sauce on the base bun, your toppings of choice, two smash patties and the bun lid.
We would love to hear and see how your burgers turned out!
Be sure to tag us (@letsgoveganco) on social media or email us a picture of the finished product!
To see more plant-based recipes like this one visit our Recipes Page.