Deep-fried goodness without using processed fake meats. Tofu can be delicious!
Spicy Fried Tofu Chicken
- 1 pack firm tofu (freeze overnight and then defrost, trust me on this)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp All purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp Peri-Peri salt (optional if you want it spicy)
- 2 cups vegan chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Orgran easy egg mix with 3/4 cup water (this creates the ‘skin’ texture)
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- After defrosting tofu, break into bite-sized pieces and marinate in 2 cups vegan chicken stock, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add flour, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp all-purpose seasoning and 1 tsp peri-peri salt. Add pepper to taste.
- In another bowl mix Organ easy egg mix with water to create a batter.
- Coat tofu in the flour mix, then easy egg mix then flour mix again.
- Shallow fry in oil until brown.
- Serve with coleslaw and mash and gravy!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!