A delicious, protein-rich breakfast that’s incredible when paired with sourdough!
- 1 block of firm tofu, pressed to remove moisture
- 1 diced white or green onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Herbs and spices to taste: salt and pepper, turmeric, cumin, thyme and kala manak (black salt) all work excellently in this dish
- Sauté the onion in a pan over medium-high heat until translucent
- Add in the garlic, continuing to heat until fragrant. Use vegetable stock to sauté for extra flavour
- Crumble over the block of firm tofu with your hands until it resembles scrambled egg texture. Add in the dijon mustard and extra water and cook until desired texture.
- Finally, add all the spices in and continue cooking and adding more vegetable stock and water as needed. In the end, you can add in any frozen vegetables or leftovers (i.e spinach) to bulk the meal out!
- Serve with avocado sourdough and garnish with green onion 🙂
More from Leah: @plantsomepeas
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!