These vegan cheesecake bars are the perfect summer recipe, not to mention my latest obsession— creamy, nutty and cold, and ready super fast!
Vegan Cheesecake Bars
A hazelnut and date crust layered with a creamy cashew filling
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 40 mins
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp flax milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of salt
- While the cashews are boiling (if you chose that method) prepare the crust.
- Blend all crust ingredients in a food processor until they stick together.
- Press the crust flat into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan and freeze while making the filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor until silky smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust, and freeze for 5-6 hrs.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Name: Isabel McDermott
More from Isabel: Instagram
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!