Vegan Chocolate Tart
Vegan Chocolate Tart
vegan chocolate tart with strawberry and mint flavor
- 250 g of 00 flour
- 60 g of oil
- 60 g of water
- 125 g of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 20 g of corn starch
- 40 g of sugar
- 250 ml of vegetable milk of your choice
- 50 g of dark chocolate
- strawberries to taste
- First, we prepare a short pastry without butter. In a bowl, dissolve the sugar in the water. Also, add the vanilla bean seeds and the oil.
- Mix so as to create a sort of emulsion to which only lastly add the sifted flour with cocoa and baking powder.
- Stir quickly with a spoon, then transfer the mixture to the pastry board and finish working it.
- Give it the shape of a loaf, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate custard because it must be very cold when you fill the cake. In a deep bottomed pan, often mix the sugar, cornstarch and bitter cocoa. Pour the vegetable milk flush, stirring with a whisk so that no lumps form, then transfer to the heat.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cream begins to thicken. It will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, add the coarsely chopped dark chocolate and stir until it has melted. Transfer it to a bowl and cover it with cling film. Now take the shortcrust pastry and with the help of parchment paper, roll it out to half a centimetre thick. Coat a tart mould with a diameter of 24 cm, removing the excess edge. Prick the bottom with the teeth of a fork, then cover it with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Pour over the dried chickpeas, raw rice or the special weight balls, and cook at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let it cool and fill with the custard.
I advise you to wait at least 12 hours before consuming the cake so that the base can moisten. Decorate with fresh strawberries before serving.
Name: Liza Bindi
More from Liza: @mamanature_
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!