Soft and gooey gingersnap cookies, perfect for any occasion.
A simple and easy recipe that is 100% gluten and cruelty-free!
Vegan GF Gingersnap Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of molasses
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp warm water for one “egg”)
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- About 1-2 tsp of almond milk
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F ~ 177C
- Make flax eggs by combining 1 tbsp flax meal to 2 tbsp warm water for one egg, and let sit for 5 min. Then add to mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, then sprinkle some coconut sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Press the dough on to parchment paper with a spoon or your finger into the desired shape as they don’t spread much on their own.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5+ minutes then ENJOY!
- Combine frosting ingredients and add to cooled cookies! Get creative!
- Add a vegan frosting or keep them simple, either way, these cookies are delicious and healthy.
More from Madison: @nourishedmads
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!