- 320g Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 125g Vegan Butter
- 300g Rich Tea (or arrowroot biscuits)
- 1 cup of Desiccated Coconut
- The rind of 1 Lemon
For the icing:
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- 15g softened Vegan Butter (not melted)
- Juice of 1 Lemon (about 4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- Grease and line a 10″ x 8″ tray
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, add the 125g butter and 320g condensed milk. Stir until the butter has melted and the two have combined. Don’t let the mixture come to a boil, it should be heated gently.
- In a large bowl, crush the biscuits and add the lemon rind and the cup of desiccated coconut.
- Add the warm butter and condensed milk mixture to the biscuits and combine everything well.
- Transfer to your lined tray and press into all the corners.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to set. To make the icing
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl then add the lemon juice and vegan butter. Beat until you have a smooth icing.
- Pour the icing over the biscuit base and spread until you have an even layer. Finish by sprinkle the 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut over the top.
- Refrigerate until the icing has set and then cut into squares.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!