“A vegan and simple twist on the classic paella dish! A Spanish favourite that is welcome at every party!”
- 475ml boiling water
- 200g white rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 475ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric or fresh saffron
- 170g green peas
- 120g drained and quartered artichoke hearts 100g aubergine
- Mix boiling water and rice together in a bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan (paella pan if you have it) over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion softens about 5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, red pepper and tomatoes. Cook and keep stirring until peppers are slightly tender about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and let it simmer.
- Add the paprika, salt, and turmeric (or saffron) and let it cool, until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, artichoke and aubergine and cook until heated through about 1-2 minutes.
- And finally, enjoy!
Serve with crusty bread.
More from Charlotte: Instagram
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!