I used to love eating pop tarts as a kid so I decided why not make a healthy and vegan version of one of my favorite treats!
Vegan Pop Tarts
- 1.5 cups gluten-free 1:1 flour (I use bobs red mill brand)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (I use earth balance coconut butter)
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup mashed blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add dough ingredients to a bowl and mix until your dough forms
- Add dough to a floured surface and roll out into a thin rectangle. Then cut out 12 smaller rectangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add 6 of the rectangles.
- In a small bowl add the filling ingredients and mix well. Add a couple of scoops of filling to each rectangle on your baking sheet. Then take the remaining 6 rectangles and place them on top of the ones with filling.
- Using a fork press down the edges and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. To make the frosting for the top just mix together some of your favourite dairy-free yoghurt with some maple syrup and vanilla extract!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!