(Greek Spinach Tofu Pastry)
King International is an Australian-based soy company with over 30 years of experience down under. The following recipe is in collaboration with King International. To see all of their wonderful products, visit them on Instagram Here.
● 1 package filo pastry, defrosted
● 1 onion, diced
● 500g spinach
● 2 tbsp chopped dill
● 2 tbsp chopped mint
● ¼ cup chopped parsley
● ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
● 350g Pureland Firm Tofu
● 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
● juice of half a lemon
● salt and pepper to taste
● olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 175C
2. Crumble tofu in a large bowl and add lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Set aside.
3. In a hot pan, add olive oil and cook onion until translucent
4. Add in spinach and cook until it begins to wilt
5. Take the pan off the heat and mix in the herbs and nutmeg. Allow to cool
6. Fold the spinach into the tofu mixture, and add salt and pepper to taste
7. Grease a pie dish with olive oil and place one sheet of filo pastry on the dish, withhalf of the sheet in the dish and the other half hanging over the edge of the dish.
8. Brush the pastry with oil and add another sheet on top andrepeat until you have 6 layers of pastry. Make sure to slightly turn each sheet so that the layers of sheets fanout in a circle and cover the entire dish.
9. Add the spinach tofu filling onto the pastry, and fold the overhanging pastry over thefilling to cover it.
10. Brush the top with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
11. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
To see more amazing vegan recipes, visit our recipes page here.