Vegan Split Pea Curry.
Want a nice hearty split pea curry that you can recreate at home?
Thanks to the good folk at Mckenzie’s Foods we have this delicious and easy to recreate vegan curry for you to try at home!
Vegan Split Pea Curry
- 1 tbs light flavoured oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup McKenzie’s Green Split Peas, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1⁄2 eggplant, diced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, diced
- 270ml can coconut milk
- Coriander, green chillies & flatbread, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, ginger and garlic, cooking over a low heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add stock, tomatoes, prepared split peas, sweet potato, eggplant and capsicum. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for approx. 45 minutes or until split peas are tender (stirring regularly whilst cooking).
- Add coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve garnished with coriander, green chillies and flatbread.
Recipe Creator of the Vegan Split Pea Curry.
The recipe lovingly provided by Mckenzie’s
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!