Thanks to the good folk at Mckenzie’s Foods we have this delicious and easy to recreate vegan curry for you to try at home!
Vegan Split Pea Curry
- 1 tbs light flavoured oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup McKenzie’s Green Split Peas, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1⁄2 eggplant, diced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, diced
- 270ml can coconut milk
- Coriander, green chillies & flatbread, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, ginger and garlic, cooking over low heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add stock, tomatoes, prepared split peas, sweet potato, eggplant and capsicum. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for approx. 45 minutes or until split peas are tender (stirring regularly whilst cooking).
- Add coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve garnished with coriander, green chillies and flatbread.
Recipe Creator of the Vegan Split Pea Curry.
The recipe lovingly provided by Mckenzie’s
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!