Vegan Vodka Pasta by Melbournes Vegan.
Melbourne’s Vegan has recreated the Vodka Pasta dish famously created by model and media personality Gigi Hadid. What we love so much about this dish is…well the Vodka! 🙂 It also does look incredibly delicious and wholesome as well. We have the video here below and for the full recipe look below for all of the steps and ingredients.
Most importantly, if you recreate it, be sure to tag Sarah and us and let us know how the final product looks and tastes! 🙂
Here’s what Sarah had to say about the recipe:
Here is the recipe for this vegan spicy rigatoni vodka pasta. It’s basically what Gigi makes but its more the OG version that Jeremy Scheck makes! I made half of the recipe in the video but here is the FULL recipe (which will serve 3 – 4).
– 1 onion – finely diced
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
– Sea salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– 1 tsp Dried oregano
– 1 tsp Dried thyme
– 2 cloves of garlic,
– peeled 140g of tomato paste
– 1/3 cup vodka
– 500g rigatoni or any pasta
– Generous salt for pasta water
– 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
– 2 tablespoons butter (I used nuttalex)
– Chopped fresh parsley to taste
– 1/3 cup raw cashews
– 2/3 cup water (plus more for boiling cashews and pasta)
1. Begin by boiling the raw cashews in water for 10 – 15 minutes. Drain and then blend in a bullet blender or high speed blender with 2/3 cup of water, this is your heavy cream replacement
2. Cook pasta to packet instructions (make sure you add some salt to the water as it boils, also make sure to save 1/2 cup of pasta water before you drain it)
3. Bring a pan to medium heat, add the oil and a pinch of salt with the onion and let cook down for 3 minutes
4. Add the chilli flakes, oregano and thyme to the pan and let toast for another 2 minutes
5. Add the whole garlic cloves (I semi smashed mine to help get more flavour out of them) with the tomato paste. Let this cook off for 2 minutes 6. Add the vodka, allow this to simmer for 1 minute
7. Add the cashew cream, the cooked pasta and the pasta water, mix well and let reduce for 2 minutes
8. Remove the garlic, add the vegan butter and nutritional yeast, stir well and then serve in a bowl with finely chopped fresh parsley!
Be sure to follow Melbournes Vegan’s Youtube Channel Here