A hot bowl of nourishing goodness to keep the winter cold away.
Winter Cottage Soup
- 1 large carrot cut into small cubes
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1/4 head of cabbage shredded
- 5 large silverbeet leaves and stalks finely chopped
- 1.5L chicken stock (I use Massel)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Dried chilli flakes to garnish
- Prepare all of your vegetables and set them aside.
- In a large pot heat up the oil on medium heat. Add the onions and cook 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add the potato, carrot and cabbage and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and dried thyme and bring the soup to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the silverbeet and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook a further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chilli flakes and enjoy your bowl of nourishing soup
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!